"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun. . . We just have to have the courage to turn against our habitual lifestyle and engage in unconventional living." Alexander Supertramp
Personal growth has been a large part and motivator for me along this journey that I am currently on. I think I have started to reach the full potential of this adventure in the sense that it has already taught me so much that my personal growth that I had gone on this quest for has already begun happening. It is amazing to learn what life truly has to offer and how to harness those fruits that we have been given. Welcome to life; the next exit is birth also known as the point of no return.
I have started to miss home...a lot, and I am not gonna lie; it hurts. It isn't necessarily "home" that I miss though, it is more the atmosphere there and the idea of the security it offers me (as Paul so elegantly put it). I miss the comforts that were offered to me there. The friends I have there, the regularity, the safety are all the major things that burden me over here. Granted I have made lots of friends here and they are all great but they don't fully understand me, they have grown a bit tired of me already, and I don't feel the same with them as I do with my friends at home. I would never trade these friends here since they are so cool but I know that the year that I have with them here will be the only major time that I have with them. I must cherish it and appreciate it now for its full worth. I know that the friends at home will always be there and I don't need to worry, but that does not stop me from missing them and what they offer to my psyche.
This brings me to my next point. Those of you who have made some kind of effort to stay in touch and ask me how I am or just pop me a message to say hey all is well; I want to thank you. I am not writing/saying this to reprimand anyone who has not but what I am trying to say is that I have been feeling a little on the lonely side of things these days and especially out of the loop (no pun intended). Please do me a favor and just leave me comments here, hit me up on skype, send me an IM, write on my wall on facebook, or send me an actual email. I don't need any of these to be long or anything I just would love to feel as though I am not already being forgotten and phased out of your lives. I am damn sure I am totally overreacting and being silly but I just want to make sure everyone is still there for me. I sure could use a little nudge of support out here.
While I may miss home and my friends you will not get me to say I hate it here and I wish I could come home, yet at the same time you will not get me to say that life is 100% perfect here and that I don't want to return. I am here to spend a year doing a good deed, getting a life experience, see the world, earn some money to make myself secure, and to just have an adventure. I did also take this opportunity to prove to some of you that I am just as adventurous as I talk about. I am not that little shithead that sits around and waits for life anymore. Whoever said "good things come to those who wait" was really screwy. If you don't get off your tush and do something yourself then nothing will ever come your way that you want. In other words stop reading this blog right now and go do something that you wouldn't normally do. I am not saying to do something bad, and I am not not saying that either, but just go think outside your comfort zone and do something a little crazy. Who knows? You might find yourself some place new and liking it a lot. With all this being said, and probably not well, I bid you adieu.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm here for ya buddy
ReplyDeleteaw joely. im way outside my comfort zone now... im at work. doing things.
ReplyDeleteget it? cause... cause... work scares me?
its all for you baby, all for you
:P