Tuesday, August 11, 2009

If we had met earlier in my blogtime, do you think we might have been friends?

This is a self discovery blog more or less, so those with weak stomachs should leave now.
Also this is just me writing my thoughts and not an update blog. I just needed to type stuff out to clear up some of my thoughts.

Korea. I have been here nigh a month now and it has already taught me a handful. As we have read from my blogs thus far I have had many an adventure, which is in itself one of the things that I had set out to do.

I have learned better how to deal with living on my own and I am that much better at it because I am successfully managing to do it in a foreign country. From teaching I have been able to see what my teachers had been going through when I was a student. It really has been an enlightening experience but these things I have already mentioned are not what this blog is about.

The things I have learned the most from have been from my friends both old and new. I have been going through some withdrawal from my friends at home and while it is painful it was a necessary evil that I knew of ahead of time. I miss everyone there immensely and it makes me appreciate each one of you to the fullest that I can. Every one of my friends, you, has been there for me at one time or another and has helped me through some rotten experience in my life. Granted I do over dramatize things in my life...a lot, but it is not as though the support was never needed nor appreciated.
I have made lots of new friends here in Suji and they are all fantastic and I believe will prove to be quite a great bunch to be surrounded by. I have already helped to fix two computers, been to a pot luck dinner with them all, drank at a bar with them, got all you can eat steak, got yelled at on the bus, went shopping, and went to the zoo with them. Paul even came and hung out with all of us at one point. These new friends have taught me a fair amount as well but the most that I learned came from one friend in particular.
I was put into a bit of a realization mode when I found out that my friendship was teetering on the edge of peril and I am not one who can deal well with that. Family and friends are the most important things to me in life, always have been and should always be. This realization caused me to change a few things and get a few things in order about myself. I had wanted to grow up a little and alter the way I do things and this is helping to do just that. We shall see how it all turns out when I finally go home and all my friends and family there can judge for themselves.

I am working to better myself while here and hopefully the beginning of that self polishing will be from this friendship growth experience. This blog is entirely dedicated to that person that is helping me to realize who I am, who I should be and how I should get there.

Blog shout out: To the friend who has brought me to these new found conclusions of enlightenment, you know who you are.

Please no comments necessary for this blog. There is a new update blog coming soon so keep your hosiery on while I get it out of the cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment