2010 my year in review...
New Years was celebrated in Japan with friends.
Early January in Japan I went through Osaka, and visited Kobe where I saw the newly erected life size statue of Gigantor (Testujin 28).
I left Japan and headed back to Korea.
Early to mid January had a little fling with a lovely westerner girl that was new to the area.
In and throughout February I was engrossed in my teaching and don't remember much of what I did. Between all that a friendship ended and I registered for my Birthright trip to Israel in August.
March 5th I got to DJ at Exit for my birthday!
March 6th I got my pirate tattoo on my birthday and then went out with friends.
c.March 8th had to say goodbye to my new friend Alivia...who I would later see again in August.
March 13th I met an incredible Korean woman that would forever change my life...and then we started dating.
March 18th I found out I was getting fired from being a teacher in Korea because I was too much fun.
End of March I found out my godfather that had been battling cancer was going to lose his battle in the coming months.
April I had to decide on a leaving date and make all the preparations I could. I chose May 8th to come home as it was Mother's Day.
April was the best month of the year because I got to spend all that time with Netty and it was simply unforgettable and amazing.
May 4th I said goodbye to all of my friends in Suji and then headed to Ilsan for a few days with Netty before I left.
May 8th I kissed Korea goodbye for the time being. That was one of my worst days this year.
I traveled from Seoul, to Shanghai, to LA, to Chicago in that day.
Mother's Day I arrived home to welcome arms that missed me a lot, and although I was happy to see everyone I was still incredibly sad.
May 14th-ish had a surprise welcome home party that I wasn't ready for but it was nice to see everyone.
May 16th-ish was hired p/t by the Exchange but would not start work for another while yet.
Throughout May there were trips up and back to Wisconsin to see my passing godfather.
End of may he passed.
May/June I made a new friend that I am sure will be with me my whole life.
May/June the Hawks took home the cup!
June I grieved and helped my family grieve and I started to get back into my animation work that I needed to get a move on.
Mid-late June I started to help set up the new Exchange at clark/belmont.
July 4th I spent on the beach on the lake watching fireworks with friends and family.
July 15th-24th Netty came to Chicago to visit me and see the city and it was great. I was so happy to have her here and meeting my family and friends. She really made an impression on everyone.
July 18th Netty accompanied me to my first Iron Maiden concert.
July 24th I dropped Netty at the airport and kissed her goodbye for the last time. I have never been sadder to say goodbye to someone than I was then.
August 3rd I flew to NYC for a night before Israel and I saw my friends Alivia and Brooks.
August 4th Brooks drove me to JFK and I met up with my Birthright folks for the trip of a lifetime. At that sametime I was reunited with two of three sisters that I had grown up with and then they moved away.
August 5th-15th I traveled around Israel learning all about my heritage and making more friends that will last forever.
August 15th met up with my Dad in Tel Aviv and then we ventured around Israel for a few days together which was also unforgettable because my underwear got stolen in Jerusalem.
August 20th was back home and started "working" at the Exchange right away.
August-September I dove headfirst back into my animations.
September 16th and 20th my mom and dad's birthdays. My dad turned 70 this year so I gave him an amazing present of a few panoramas I took from Israel. He loved it.
Sept-Oct. I continued working on animations and water started to get choppy with Netty and I.
Oct. 20th we agreed that the distance was too much and we broke up. That was my worst day this year.
Oct. 29th helped host a halloween party. I was henchman 21 from the venture bros.
Oct.-Nov. continued to work on animation.
End of Nov. Had Thanksgiving with family, which I really missed last year in Korea.
Nov. 30th my sister's birthday and then a few days later she had an ugly sweater party.
Early to Mid December I had finished all the animations for my reel and have been having major difficulties changing formats so I can edit them together to make my reel video.
December 17th TRON Legacy
Mid December I and Jedi started doing Bikram Yoga.
December 25th I had Christmas with my family which was extra special to me because I missed it last year and have been aching for it since then.
December 31st I sit here writing this and realize that 2010 has had its ups and downs more so than most other years I have weathered. 2010 was all in all a good year if I had to do it again...I would.
Happy New Year everyone. May 2011 bring you lots of joy and prosperity. You can check my facebook for pictures from 2010 as a visual aid. May the force be with you always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice article. when I am reading this article I feel that I am present over there and writing my own autobiography.
ReplyDelete