Saturday, February 27, 2010

And the award goes to...

Here are mostly my choices and a few of my "Academy Predictions" which means what I expect the Academy to pick. I am posting this just before the awards and then we can do a comparison later to see how many I got right! This will be a fun experiment. I hope that you all enjoy the awards as I cannot really watch them here in the ROK.

Writing (Original Screenplay)
Hurt Locker

Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
District 9 --Shorted Watchmen

Visual Effects
Choice: STAR TREK
Prediction: Avatar

Sound Mixing
STAR TREK

Sound Editing
STAR TREK

Short Film (Live Action)
N/A (Didn't see any)

Short Film (Animated)
N/A (Didn't watch any)

Music Original Song
Princess and the Frog "Down in New Orleans"

Music Original Score
Choice: Up Michael Giacchino
Prediction: Avatar

Make Up
STAR TREK

Foreign Language Film
N/A (Didn't see any)

Film Editing
Choice: District 9
Prediction: Inglorious Basterds

Documentary Short
N/A (Didn't see any)

Documentary Feature
Food Inc.

Directing
Choice: The Hurt Locker
Prediction: Avatar

Costume Design
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Cinematography
Avatar

Art Direction
Avatar

Animated Feature Film
Choice: The Secret of Kells
Prediction: Up

Actress in a Supporting Role
Maggie Gyllenhaal

Actress in a Leading Role
Sandra Bullock

Actor in a Supporting Role
Choice: Matt Damon
Prediction: Christoph Waltz

Actor in a Leading Role
Morgan Freeman

Best Picture
Choice: The Hurt Locker
Prediction: Avatar

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had seen that whole event and I like it. I was very much impressed by the Heart Locker. I have seen it three times. I like it most.

    Debt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Avatar movie so much.This movie is great action and amazing technology used in the movie.Great direction by James Cameroon.I loved this movie so much.


    charity work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurt Locker is great War movie.This movie based on United States Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) team during the Iraq War.The film was directed by Kathryn Bigelow and the screenplay was written by Mark Boal


    iPhone 4S deals   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was seen that the entire event, and like it. Having impressed many "heart lock". I've seen it three times. I like the most.

      Delete