Once upon a time...or maybe twice...
Back a couple months ago, almost, it was Thanksgiving and nothing was planned as to what we were going to do out here. It was also Alivia's birthday weekend so we knew something related to that would go on. We decided to hightail it to Incheon for the weekend where we had fun at a carnival-esq place, stayed in a sex hotel, got drunk in a two floor pagoda, and went to a spa for relaxation the next day along with a feast afterwards. There are pictures documenting our fun filled adventure there on facebook if you care to take a gander.
The weeks following were a little rough because it was all leading up to the holidays. I sent postcards to most everyone that I could to wish them well for this wintry season and also sent home presents to the fam. from both online and from Korea. I cannot recall all of the specifics of what happened during those weeks but naturally I met more people, had more fun, saw more things, and did more stuff. Elegant in its brevity, I know. Within those weeks up to the magical holiday of christ I did make a new friend who I think is the bee's knees and would like to talk about here. I went to a going away shindig in Itaewon after going to see some crazy snowboarding competition in front of city hall and discovering a hidden world beneath a statue. This going away gala event was for Jenn who, obviously, was going away. She is real cool and has loads of cool friends/coworkers. We were in a pretty regular type bar called Nashville and as the night wore on more people showed and I eventually met this young lass named Emily. Emily is from Michigan...not Michican, and she is hilarious. Granted at the time of introductions she might have been a little inebriated but still her smile is infectious no matter the state of mind. She decided that it would be prudent to call me Rupert and that was fine with me. Anyway we hit it off and we ended up hanging out a week or two later. Now transition to right around then.
This was a week before Christmas and Leanne, Alivia, Paul, Andy, and I had our xmas dinner party which was loads of fun with lots of food. I even made latkes to share with them all and yes they were good even though finding the proper ingredients here is like looking for remaining pirate treasure in the Caribbean. We had fun festivities and played card games and drank til odd hours. The next day I went to spend with Emily in which we had xmas fun planned like watching movies and making xmas things. Little did she know what I had in store for her.
(Wow that sounded deliciously evil)
Anyway a few weeks before xmas my mother had so kindly sent me some goodies that included an advent calendar and a gingerbread house kit. I took said kit with me to Emily and she had no clue but boy was she surprised when I brought it out. Nonetheless, movie watching, xmas creating, shenanigans, and xmas cheer ensued, thus, curing me of my need for an average xmas at home...well, mostly. Here are the results of aforementioned house...


The next few days were comprised of an xmas party with the work gang and the last preparations for Paul's and my adventure to Japan. I have full intentions on a Japan blog that I am now working on so please everyone keep your cannons at bay and await the arrival of the godzilla blog!
Special blog shout outs: Leanne, Alivia, Andy and Paul for being awesome friends here in SK
Emily for helping to make my Christmas here bright and full of cheer
My family for missing me at the holidays.
My loyal readers for not giving up on me here.
No comments:
Post a Comment