Friday, October 16, 2009

Your attention please. Please blog if you are paying attention.

Hello all you lovelies out there in non-TVland. We shall begin in the logical place of the last place I left off. No?

Last week Monday lots of us had off of school still from Chuseok break. Leanne, Alivia, Paul and I went to this Korean folk village and theme park in Suwon. There was a lot to be seen there and lots to do. We saw a traditional Korean wedding, a tightrope walker, a harvest dance with these dancers with long fancy ribbon hats, a korean folk village, the worlds second worst haunted house, and much much more. All of it was hella interesting and fantastic. My favorite was the haunted house because we went in there hoping to find something good but came out laughing. The haunted house was this dark twisting nether of little rooms with animatronic monsters. We went in the entrance to find an old korean man directly ahead of us. He kept shuffling into walls since it was difficult to see. I still think he went in there looking for the bathroom. We then made our way over to the traditional village museum and learned about many fun korean things. After that we went to the worlds worst theme park. Alivia and I rode the carousel while Paul and Leanne rode the Viking which looked like a pirate ship. I wanted to ride the horse backwards but they wouldn't let me. That and I had to buckle up...on the carousel. Then we rode the bumper cars and Paul got on his cellphone while driving. After our bumpy illegal ride we went on the worlds worst rollercoaster and it was so lame and short that we couldn't believe it. All in all it was great fun because we got to see a lot of things and experience funtacular ancient theme park rides.

This past week went by fast as usual and was the same as usual. The weekend came in another torrent of strange. I went to meet Paul friday night at a bar just outside his place and when I got there he and crew had left so we just ended up drinking at his place, listening to Ryans mix, and passing out. Saturday I remember we had lots of fun because we went on another Paul and Joel adventure. A few weeks ago Paul and I were in the neighborhood Jeongja Kraze Burger and we had magazines that we were looking through. We noticed an ad for these shoes that intrigued me. This was the MLB concept shoe. Apparently the MLB must use Korea as a test market for some things and as a good place ot ver merchandise themselves. I did some digging and found out where there is an MLB store here in Korea. Apparently the store is in Apgujeong, which is a place Paul and I have ventured to once before. We set out for these shoes. We got to Apgujeong and started walking when finally I stopped in the movie theater and asked the ticket office lady. She said Hyundai department mall and pointed. We walked back towards the train stop and found said mall. Upon entering this mall we were pretty blown away. This was high class fashion central as in you can find any and every desinger name in here. There were level upon level of uber expensive goodies in here. There was even a golden crocodile and a pepto bismol colored suit of armor. Anyway long story short we went up and down these levels looking for the MLB store and we kept getting different directions. Until finally we asked a guy in the adidas store and he pulled out a map and showed us that it was on the only floor we hadn't combed the surface of. We went down there and found the store and I wet my pants the first time. Once in the store we were helped by a korean woman in purple who had purple contacts in, thus making her eye color purple. She said they only had the white and brown versions of the shoe I wanted, but just then another clerk woman in there over heard and went to the back and brought me my shoes in the black color that I wanted. I tried them on, fell in love, and left happy. These are the shoes...





Those are my new incredible shoes and I love them. Post buying these shoes Paul and I went for a celebratory McDonalds meal. Then we headed to Gangnam to try out the shoes in the batting cages and boy was that weird. These batting cages are pretty awful because the ball is never pitched in the strike zone. All the pitches were either too high or too low. Even Paul thought so and he doesn't play baseball. In other words collectively we amassed about five hits on six or seven turns in the cages. I felt pretty pathetic but then I looked down at my feet and was reminded again of my love for baseball. Criticize me all you want about these shoes but the fact that the represent in my eyes how I feel about baseball and how it makes me feel is something that I thought could never be captured in an article of clothing or a material possesion besides a photograph. There is only one other thing in this world that makes me feel the same way about baseball as these shoes and that is the picture my father has on his desk. I will tell you about that sometime.

After striking out in Gangnam we met up with the crew in Itaewon for some fun adventures in alcohol. We hit a few bars and wandered the area. We ended up going through an area called hooker hill and I really don't want to talk about it because the whole thing made me very uncomfortable. I saw somethings there that I had hoped to never even see in my nightmares. We finally found the bar/club we were trying to go to and they had some crazy 3D event that was going on that proved to not be that 3D. Nonetheless I scored about 7 or 8 pairs of 3D glasses from that bar and so I am happy. We then ended up at another bar where I got bored and left. The next day, being sunday, we did a lot of nothing, played a short round of pathetic ping pong, and got some dinner at this crazy awesome buffet and steak restaurant called VIPS. That was it for the past couple weekends and now lets see what the next one brings...

Special blog shout out: This one goes to my Father for getting me into baseball. I love baseball more than I love most things and I miss it a lot. This makes me miss my father too. In other words Dad if you are reading this this baseball adventure and blog were for you. You can put it on the board...yes!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joel! I am still reading as much as I can on your blog! = ) Just wanted to say hi, it looks like you are doing well and eating some good sounding stuff!
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete